Harvested by hand, to ensure the highest quality.
After farming broccoli for over 15 years, we have perfected a low cost, high quality and efficient method for growing broccoli. Our tried and tested growing methods combined with our ideal location enables us to extend our growing season and supply Broccoli almost all year round.
We take great pride in producing broccoli of the highest quality. It is for this reason that we harvest our broccoli by hand. Once harvested, the produce is chilled, trimmed and graded in our in-house packhouse under the supervision of trained staff to ensure a consistent high-quality product. The produce is then packed specifically to our customer’s needs ready for delivery.
We pack into 10kg crates, 8kg styro, 200kg RPB (returnable plastic bin) and 130kg cardboard hat bins however we are not limited to these and welcome your enquiry regarding alternative packing options.
All broccoli products can be packed either iced or iceless depending on our customers’ needs.
Health Benefits of Broccoli:
- Broccoli is also regarded as a “super food” and the health benefits are significant.
- Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C and folate (naturally occurring folic acid).
- It also contains vitamins A, K, calcium, fibre, beta-carotene and other antioxidants (notably indole-3-carbinol and sulforaphane).
Good to Know:
- Refrigerate broccoli as soon as you can after purchasing. Place it in a freezer bag with a few flicks of water and store it in the crisper section of the fridge.
- Look for bright green and firm heads with tight florets.
- For maximum nutritional value, Broccoli is best eaten raw.
- If cooking broccoli, it is best to steam for no longer than 3 minutes. This will ensure the produce holds on to its flavour and nutrients.
- Eating just 100g of broccoli will provide you with approximately 2 days worth of Vitamin C.
- The inner portion of a broccoli stalk is delicious and not to be wasted. Use a paring knife or potato peeler to peel off the tough outer layer of the stem. Cut the stem in bite sized pieces and prepare together with the individual florets.