Harvested by hand, to ensure the highest quality.
Qualipac grows Kent, Butternut and Jarrahdale pumpkins from December to July.
To ensure the highest quality, each and every pumpkin grown at Qualipac is harvested by hand, washed and packed to the requirements of our customers.
Packing types include 18kg cardboard cartons and 200kg, 300kg and 500kg bins. We are not limited to these packing types and welcome your enquiry regarding alternative requirements.
Health Benefits of Pumpkins:
- Pumpkin is one of the very low calorie vegetables and is a storehouse of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. 100 grams of fruit provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol and is rich in dietary fibre and minerals.
- This vegetable is one of the food items recommended by dieticians in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs.
- Pumpkins are a good source of dietary fibre, folate and potassium.
Good to Know:
- Kept in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, it will keep for several weeks. Once cut, it should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for around a week.
- If you are using pumpkin in a recipe, don’t throw away the seeds – roast them for a delicious and healthy snack.
- Look for the pumpkins with the brightest, strongest coloured flesh, as these are the healthiest for you.