Harvested by hand, to ensure the highest quality.
For over 35 years, Qualipac has grown and supplied red, brown and white onions of the highest quality. Grown in the Lockyer Valley and Darling Downs with rich soil and ideal climates, we are often the first district to supply fresh, new season onions in September.
To limit the damage and maximise the quality of our onions, each onion is harvested by hand. They are then transported to our packing shed where they are cured, graded on size and quality, and packed to our customers’ needs.
Some of the packing methods we offer include returnable plastic crates, cartons, bags or prepacks in sizes of either 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 20kg and 750gr. We are not limited to these packing types and welcome your enquiry regarding alternative requirements.
Health Benefits of Onions:
- Onions are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Onions contain a substantial amount of vitamin B, phosphorus, calcium and potassium.
- Onions contain high concentrations of bioactive compounds, such as quercetin. These compounds help protect the body against virus infections and heart and circulatory ailments.
- For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
- The phytochemicals in onions improve the working of Vitamin C in the body, thus gifting you with improved immunity.
Good to Know:
- Look for onions that are dry, firm and free from blemishes.
- Queensland onions tend to be less pungent in flavour and are perfect for the summer BBQ.
- The fresher the onion the higher it is in water and sugar content. This makes them sweeter and milder in taste.
- You can store onions for several weeks in a clean, dry and dark spot outside the refrigerator.
- Keep onions away from other fruit and vegetables from which they can absorb odours or draw moisture which can result in a reduced shelf-life.
- Got stung by a bee? Apply onion juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain and burning sensation.